The Black Sheep and the Rotten Apple – QUIZ
The Black Sheep and the Rotten Apple is the kind of book that just needed to be written, despite our already tight schedule. The idea first came to us when we watched a documentary about highwaymen, but we promised ourselves to wait. And then we went to Cornwall for a month, and initial plans collapsed. As we walked through the woods, watching the lush nature and the old stone cottages peppered on both sides of a valley where we were staying, the characters and story steadily came to us. Our aim was to write a historical book that provides as much excitement as readers learned to expect from our contemporary romance.
If you want to see our inspiration photos for this book, check out the ‘Black Sheep and the Rotten Apple’ Pinterest board: https://uk.pinterest.com/KAMerikan/the-black-sheep-and-the-rotten-apple/
The Black Sheep and the Rotten Apple is our baby. It’s been a year since we started working on this book, and to celebrate its release, we’re organizing a quiz for readers who follow The Black Sheep and the Rotten Apple blog tour. Answers to all questions will be provided in the blog posts, and we will then randomly pick the lucky winners. You can win:
- a signed paperback of The Black Sheep and the Rotten Apple + a selection of Cornish treats (main prize – for one person)
- 3 ebooks of choice from our backlist + a surprise treat from Cornwall (will go to 3 more people)
For a chance to win, follow the instructions in blog posts and solve this quiz. All answers will be provided during the blog tour. Please, send answers to email@example.com with ‘Black Sheep Quiz’ in the subject line of the email.
Winners will be randomly chosen from readers who sent us correct answers by 17th February 2017.
LINKS TO ALL POSTS (go live on the dates):
02/09 Claude Duval
02/09 William Nevison
02/10 Dick Turpin
02/10 Jerry Abershaw
02/11 Gentlemen Robbers?
1) How did Jerry Abershaw’s mother imagine his death?
2) Which servants were considered excellently equipped to become highwaymen, were they to lose their job?
3) What was the name of the courtesan who “Galloping Dick” Ferguson regularly called on?
4) What was the inspiration behind neoclassical architecture? (Post no 3)
5) Which highwayman is famous for asking a lady for a dance during a robbery?
6) What is the name of the great house that inspired Evan’s home, Tredele?
7) What illness did William Nevison fake to get out of jail?
8) Who was executed in Bodmin on July 23rd 1785?
9) What was the name of the group Dick Turpin joined before he became a highwayman?
10) What does Evan use at the house to hide his identity? What’s the origin of this item? (sample available here)
11) Janosik’s execution was unusual. Why?
GOOD LUCK! <3